Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Marathon Training

It has begun. The date has been set for June 12th 2010. The Teton Dam Marathon will be the first marathon I have ever participated in. There are rumors that Connie, Tyson, Josh, and Lindsay will also participate in this test of bravery and endurance. It will be very exciting.

First Day
This according to the Hal Higgdon Novice 1 training schedule is a rest day. I have read in several articles that apparently "rest" to a runner means another form of exercise like riding a bike or swimming. Hmmmmm. I went to the gym and did some upper body lifting and then put 40 very hard minutes on the stair master. My diet was good all day until I broke down and had 1/2 a Twix bar. It was so delicious and I enjoyed every morsel. I am proud that I walked away after the 1/2.

Second Day
The alarm goes off at 5:45 a.m. and I talk to myself. Why is it that important to run right now? Can't I just sleep and run later? I go through the schedule of the day a realize I can't so I muster the courage to pull myself out of bed and run. Three miles Hurray! I can't say it was a piece of cake but hey I did it. Tomorrow is another 3.

No comments: